ARGENTINIAN FOLKLORE DANCE WEEKEND
OCTOBER 4 - 6, 2019
Join us for a special weekend with visiting guest teacher Semeon Kukormin! On Saturday get ready for fun and learn how to dance Chacarera and Zamba — traditional Argentinian folkloric dances! On Sunday, Semeon will take our tango to a new level — through his spellbinding embrace and connection classes. The $75 weekend pass will also include a Friday evening social event and Saturday night Grand Milonga w/beginner chacarera class. Schedule below.
Classes are "All Levels". Beginners welcome. No partner needed.
Semeon Argentinian Folklore & Connected Tango Dance Weekend, October 4-6
$75 for all inclusive weekend pass. À La Carte/Drop-In pricing listed below.
- 7:00 - 7:30 PM — Arrive/Meet & Greet
- 7:30 - 9:00 PM — “Learn about Folklore traditions, history, music and culture from Semeon”. Casual setting with food and beverages.
Saturday and Sunday classes are "All Levels". Beginners welcome. No partner needed.
SATURDAY, October 5 — Ochos
- 1:00 - 2:15 PM — “Chacarera”. Simple and Doble. $20
- 2:30 - 3:30 PM — “Zamba Part One”. Structure and connection. $25 (Includes Part Two)
- 3:45 PM - 4:45 PM — "Zamba Part Two". Pañuelo and meaning. (Must take Part One)
- 8:30 PM - 9:15 PM — Beginner Chacarera Class (Free with Grand Milonga)
- 9:15 PM - 1:30 AM — Grand Milonga w/DJ Semeon and special performance $15
SUNDAY, October 6 — Ochos
- 1:00 - 2:30 PM — "Embrace". How to connect with yourself and your partner, how to connect and improve your dance, no matter what style you enjoy, and how to dance more comfortably. $25
- 2:45 - 4:15 PM — “Connection". Connecting with the music. Feeling the music from a different point of view. Being in the moment and connecting with others around you. $25
Ochos — 515 W. Idaho St.
Privates with Semeon
Semeon will be in Boise from October 4th to 8th and will be available to teach private tango lessons during his stay. Semeon’s special Boise rates for a one hour private lesson are:
One private for $80
Two privates for $75 each
Three privates for $70 each
to book a private, you can contact him directly by using this form.
Need Accommodations? Have accommodations to offer?
If you are an out of town tango dancer, needing accommodations for our workshop weekend, please describe in the message box how many are in your party, exact dates of your stay, and if you have any restrictions (pet allergies, etc).
If you are offering accommodations, please describe how many people you can host and under what conditions. For example: "Two people in their own rooms." Or "Two people sharing a double bed."
Semeon started dancing Argentinean dances 11 years ago and since then he has traveled to Argentina 4 times to get closer to the source. He has played music and taught in more than 40 countries. In the past two years alone over 1000 people in Russia, Europe, and the USA have met Argentine folklore through him. He is the curator of dance communities in dozens of Russian cities from Moscow to Vladivostok and from St. Petersburg to Simferopol. Staying at the forefront of the folk movement, he is a bridge between the cultures of Buenos Aires and the rest of Argentina. Tango dancers begin to dance Chacarera and Zamba deeper, and folklorists feel the magic of tango.
“For me, folklore is how nature speaks through people. And Argentine folklore is one of the most enjoyable and lively instruments, with which you can get closer to the nature of our planet and the nature of human relations.
When people ask me: “why do you dance Argentine folklore?”, I reply that I do not dance Argentinean folklore, but dance myself through it. ”
For the past 5 years, Semeon is the most popular Russian DJ in the world. During this period he has played music at over 400 international events and milongas. He is a resident of many European festivals and marathons.
- In the first 5 years of his dj activity, he has played at 500 milongas.
- Author of a training course for DJs. Seminars were held in Russia and abroad more than 50 times.