VANIA REY WORKSHOP WEEKEND
NOVEMBER 4 - 6, 2016
Message from Vania:
Dear Boise tango dancers,
I am very happy to be coming back to your warm, wonderful community! I am looking forward to seeing and working with all of you again! I went to Buenos Aires to study this summer, and am bringing you the freshest knowledge and hottest topics... straight from the oldest tango bakery. :)
Vania Workshop Weekend, November 4-6
FRIDAY, November 4Ochos - 515 W. Idaho St.
- 7:30 - 8:45 PM — "Class 1" Elasticity in the embrace and creation of pivoting space.
- 9:00 - 11:00 PM — Milongaa w/DJ Mystery Montana DJ
SATURDAY, November 5Ochos - 515 W. Idaho St.
- 1:00 - 2:15 PM — "Class 2" Sacadas and giro technique.
- 2:45 - 4:00 PM — "Class 3" Association step in Vals.
- 8:00 - 9:00 PM — Beginner Lesson by Tommy & Christian. Bring your curious friends that have been wanting to learn about tango!
- 9:00 PM - 1:00 AM — Grand Milonga w/DJ Tommy
SUNDAY, November 6Ochos - 515 W. Idaho St.
- 1:00 - 2:15 PM — "Class 4" Giro and enrosque secrets.
- 2:45 - 4:00 PM — "Class 5" Milonga, vieja milonga!
- 7:30 - 11:00 PM — Closing Milonga w/DJ Vania
Privates with Vania
Vania will be available to teach private tango lessons, the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, November 2 - afternoon and evening
- Thursday, November 3 - afternoon until 6 PM
- Friday, November 4 - afternoon until 6 PM
- Monday, November 7 - afternoon and evening
- Tuesday, November 8 - afternoon and evening
Vania's rates are $100 for one lesson, $90 per lesson for two lessons, and $80 per lesson for 3 or more. Lessons are 1 hour each.
Please use the form below to contact Vania to set up privates or for questions.
Need Accommodations? Have accommodations to offer?
Meet Vania Rey
Vania Rey is an internationally recognized teacher, performer, and DJ, and has worked in Europe, USA, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Buenos Aires. Dancing since she was 9 years old, in 2000 she discovered and immersed herself in Argentine tango, first as a follow and a year later as a lead too.
In 2002 Vania started teaching tango. In her teaching, Vania concentrates on the technique necessary for making tango steps easy to execute and pleasant to the partner. She pays special attention to three key areas: precision of movement, creating a comfortable embrace for leads and followers, and musicality. She shows how body mechanics and geometry are the basis for a great connection. Vania's students value her keen eye, detailed and clear instruction, as well as her patience and kindness.
Over the years, Vania has continued to hone her skills in the various tango styles - salon, stage, milonguero and nuevo - because she sees the beauty in each of them and believes that each style may suit different dancers. As a dancer and performer, Vania is known for her sensual elegance, exquisite musicality, amazing embrace, creativity and playfulness, which have made her a sought after performance partner for many teachers with various dancing styles.