VANIA REY WORKSHOP WEEKEND
FEBRUARY 1 - 3, 2019
Vania Rey Workshop Weekend, February 1-3
FRIDAY, February 1 — Ochos
- 7:30 - 8:45 PM — Class 1. “Dynamic vs relaxed stops, ‘arrastre’, and how to look powerful!”
- 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM — Guided Practica w/DJ TBD
SATURDAY, February 2 — Ochos
- 1:00 - 2:15 PM — Class 2.“ 'Ocho milonguero’ in a vals cadena!”
- 2:45 - 4:00 PM — Class 3."Tango Nuevo - Back sacadas for leaders and followers!”
- 8:00 - 9:00 PM — Beginner Lesson by Tommy & Christian. Bring your curious friends that have been wanting to learn about tango!
- 9:00 PM - 1:30 AM — Grand Milonga w/DJ TBD
SUNDAY, February 3 — Ochos
- 1:00 - 2:15M — Class 4. “Rhythmical continuous turns!”
- 2:45 - 4:00 PM — Class 5. “Tango Nuevo - Soltadas!”
Evening — Solid Bar & Grill
- 7:30 PM - 11:00 PM — Closing Milonga w/DJ Vania
Ochos — 515 W. Idaho St.
Solid Bar & Grill — 405 S. 8th St.
Privates with Vania
Vania will be available to teach private tango lessons, the following dates and times:
Friday, February 1 - 12-1, 1:15-2:15, 2:30-3:30, 3:45-4:45, 5-6 PM
Saturday, February 2 - 11:30 AM-12:30 PM, 4:30-5:30, 5:45-6:45, 7-8 PM
Monday, February 4 - afternoon and evening
Tuesday, February 5 - afternoon and evening
Wednesday, February 6 - afternoon and evening
Vania's rates are $100 for one lesson, $90 per lesson for two lessons, and $80 per lesson for 3 or more. Lessons are 1 hour each.
To book a private with Vania, please use this form:
Need Accommodations? Have accommodations to offer?
If you are an out of town tango dancer, needing accommodations for our workshop weekend, please describe in the message box how many are in your party, exact dates of your stay, and if you have any restrictions (pet allergies, etc).
If you are offering accommodations, please describe how many people you can host and under what conditions. For example: "Two people in their own rooms." Or "Two people sharing a double bed."
Meet Vania Rey
Vania is an internationally recognized teacher, performer and DJ, who has worked in over 45 cities in Europe and both Americas. Vania started teaching tango in 2002. A versatile instructor who is well-versed in both lead and follow roles, Vania custom tailors her classes to the group receiving them, and makes sure that both leaders and followers get their fair share of instruction in class, and that people on all levels get something valuable out of every lesson.
Through the use of imagery and references to physics, body mechanics, and geometry, Vania accommodates different types of learners. She pays special attention to three key areas: precision of movement, creating a comfortable embrace for leads and followers, and musicality. Vania often teaches alone, and has performed with over 50 male and female partners.