PABLO & SOFIA WORKSHOP WEEKEND
MAY 26 - 28, 2017
Pablo & Sofia Workshop Weekend, May 26-28
FRIDAY, May 26Ochos - 515 W. Idaho St.
- 7:30 - 9:00 PM — "Class 1. Milonga!" Milonga lisa and traspie. Get the rhythm and practice some cool ideas for the dance floor.
- 9:00 PM - 12:00 AM — Opening Milonga w/DJ Pablo Inza
SATURDAY, May 27Ochos - 515 W. Idaho St.
- 1:00 - 2:30 PM — "Class 2. Basics." Body alignment, clearness and comfort, touch and sensation, connection and interactivity. Highly recommended for ALL dancers (except absolute complete beginners), and a must for those who have never worked with Sofia and Pablo previously!
- 3:00 - 4:30 PM — "Class 3. Cool Turns." Basic and effective rebounds and giros (turns). Playing with the rhythm.
- 8:00 - 9:00 PM — Beginner Lesson by Tommy & Patricia. Bring your curious friends that have been wanting to learn about tango!
- 9:00 PM - 2:00 AM — Grand Milonga and special performance by Pablo & Sofia w/DJ Tommy
SUNDAY, May 28Ochos - 515 W. Idaho St.
- 1:00 - 2:30M — "Class 4. Sacadas." Sacadas in comfort for leaders and followers. Who, where, when and how. Working for safe sacadas in social dance.
- 3:00 - 4:30 PM — "Class 5. Pauses & Embellishments" How to create space for styling and musicality.
- 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM — Closing Milonga w/DJ Jennifer Olson
Privates with Pablo & Sofia
Pablo and Sofia will be available to teach privates during their Boise visit during the following dates and times:
- Friday, May 26 - 3 to 6 PM
- Sunday, May 28 - 10 AM to noon
- Monday, May 29 - 2 to 9 PM
- Tuesday, May 30 - 2 to 9 PM
To book a private with Pablo & Sofia, please go to:
Need Accommodations? Have accommodations to offer?
Meet Pablo & Sofia
Dancer, choreographer, stage director and tango teacher. With a rich background in contemporary dance, artistic performance and direction, he started dancing tango in 1992 with both amateur milongueros as well as renowned maestros. He participated as dancer and choreographer in many tango shows in Argentina and also internationally. Since 1999 he has been invited to teach and perform in the most prestigious festivals. As stage director he created “Radio Cabulero”(presented in Bergen International Festival in 2002, Norway) “El arte de amar” (Tangomagia VI 2003, Holland). In Buenos Aires he did “El camion” (2001-02); “Matambre” (2003), “Metronomo” (2004), “Living” (2008) and “En el abrazo”(2012). Between 2004 and 2009 he was the producer and artistic director of Cambalache (a festival based on a fusion of tango, theater and contemporary dance). He was also one of the founders of Practica X (2004-2012) which was one of the most frequented practicas in Buenos Aires.
Dancer and tango teacher with a background in theatre, ballet, modern and jazz dance. Great grand-daughter of Enrique Saborido (dancer, musician and composer of tangos like La Morocha or Felicia and many others) Sofia started dancing tango when she was only 10 years old. At the age of 12 she enters in the young tango ballet of La Plata. In 2000 she works in the dinner show “La Cumparsita” and performs every Sunday at the historic show of plaza Dorrego, in San Telmo. In 2006 she wins the 4th place of in the tango championship of Buenos Aires. In 2009 and 2010 she participates as main dancer in the show “Tango Argentique” presented in the Theatre Festival of Avignon. During the last decade she has developed an intensive pedagogical activity abroad and has been invited to teach in more than twenty countries all over the globe.